Michel Roux Jr.’s Crème de Crécy23.11.2018
Recipe courtesy of The French Kitchen cookbook by Weidenfield and Nicolson. Photographer: Cristian Barnett
Bacon fat will give depth to this soup but can be substituted by vegetable oil. Likewise if wanting to make this soup vegetarian then a good vegetable stock can be used.
Catch Michel Roux Jr. on selected dates at BBC Good Food Show Winter when the show returns the NEC Birmingham from Thursday 29th November to Sunday 2nd December. For information and tickets, please visit: www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com/birmingham-winter
- 750g large carrots
- 1 onion white
- 60g bacon fat (or veg oil)
- 50g round rice
- 100g butter
- 1 bunch mixed colour heritage carrots
- 2.2lt chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Salt, pepper
- Peel and finely slice the carrots and onion.
- Sweat in the fat or in oil gently until tender, add the rice and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 20 minutes until cooked.
- Season and then place in a food processor to blitz until smooth. Wisk in the butter and serve with slithers of the heritage carrots.